What Is the Effect of Cannabis Topical Products?
Cannabis topicals consist of cannabis-infused ointments, balms, oils, and lotions. Topicals are a great option for people who wish to reap the medicinal benefits of cannabis without experiencing the psychoactive effects of the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
As the cannabis industry grows, so does the demand for topical products. This burgeoning market now includes topical products such as personal lubricants and essential oils.
Purpose of Cannabis Topicals
Cannabinoids refer to the chemical constituents of cannabis plants. The two most well-known cannabinoids are THC and CBD (CBD). After application, these chemicals are absorbed slowly into the body via the skin.
The body produces endogenous cannabinoids. As cannabis topical components are taken into the body, they interact with endogenous cannabinoids to cause a range of effects. Cannabinoids connect to receptors in the skin and bloodstream, which distribute them throughout the body.
What Ailments Do Topical Medications Treat?
Numerous diseases and symptoms are treated using cannabis-based topicals. Here are many of its most typical uses:
- When a portion of the body is wounded, it may become red, swollen, and heated. We refer to this as inflammation. The inflamed area may be calmed with cannabis topicals.
- Some individuals say that topical treatments for joint pain or migraines are effective. More research is required to determine if topical analgesics can alleviate severe or cancer-related pain.
- In the treatment of eczema and acne, among other skin conditions, topical medications may have a positive effect.
- Cosmetics: anti-aging cannabis lotions are beginning to be sold by cosmetics companies. Cannabinoids can help protect the skin from pollution and UV radiation due to their potent antioxidant properties.
- Due to CBD's potential antibacterial properties, several topical preparations are used as antiseptics for wound care. Research indicates that CBD may have antimicrobial properties.
- Sexual Pleasure: Cannabis-infused topicals can be used as lubricant in the bedroom to enhance sexual pleasure. Users who apply CBD topicals to their genitalia have reported experiencing euphoria. To use CBD topicals in this manner, you must ensure that they were designed specifically for this function.
Can Topical Substances Cause High?
THC, and not CBD, is the cannabinoid responsible for the "high" effect. There may be trace amounts of THC in topicals, but when THC is absorbed via the skin, its euphoric properties are lost. Even if you purchase a topical with trace amounts of THC, you won't get high.
Selecting a Cannabis Topical
There are a variety of cannabis topicals available. Consider the following prior to purchasing a cannabis topical:
- Your planned interventions.
- What the THC laws are in your jurisdiction.
- your chosen expenditure budget.
- Your travel plan.
If you wish to transport cannabis-related materials, keep in mind that you must be conversant with both local and destination regulations. Varied states, municipalities, and counties have different rules regarding the possession and transportation of CBD products.
Can I Acquire Cannabis-infused Topicals Without a Prescription?
Local laws will limit your purchasing possibilities. In Colorado, cannabis topicals are available over-the-counter.
If you're interested in learning more about the effect of cannabis topical products, you can read this blog from Helping Hands Cannabis: https://helpinghandscannabis.com/cannabis-topicals-how-do-they-work/